In fall, the weather is crisp and the changing leaves naturally inspire us all to shift with the season. If you’re looking for interior decor tips, new recipes to try, and fun ways to embrace the unpredictable weather, you’ve come to the right place. Make the most of the enchanting autumnal ambiance with Olson Homes.
Transition Your Decor from Summer to Fall
While summer decor is cheery and bright, fall-inspired interiors give off a cozy, earthy feel that welcomes you in. Try swapping out pastel and primary colored decor for items with muted, deeply saturated hues. Colors like burnt sienna, emerald green, violet, and mustard are great additions to any space and can be incorporated in throw pillows, blankets, flowers, bedding, and more. Use plaid patterns to add a fun, flannel pop and to help tie multiple colors into your scheme. Add a seasonal flower centerpiece to your dining table, a garland of fall foliage to your entryway credenza, and a seasonal wreath to your front door to make a subtle yet lovely statement that highlights the time of year. Transition to fall with us and use some of our ideas from our Instagram Reel here.
Try a New Fall Recipe
Gourds consistently take the spotlight during the fall season, and we’re not mad about it! It’s easy to whip up a delicious, crowd-pleasing snack with these delicious vegetables and we’ll show you how. Check out our Instagram Reel to get some inspiration, and take advantage of Olson Home’s smart appliances to make it extra easy! Simply see what ingredients you have on-hand with the “look inside” feature on our Samsung smart fridge, and effortlessly preheat your oven with a touch of your smart phone. Grab your mixing bowl and follow this recipe for a treat you’ll want to make again and again.
Vegan Pumpkin Bread
– 2.5 tablespoons water
– 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
– 15 ounces of canned pumpkin puree
– 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
– 1/2 cup canola oil
– 1/4 cup soy milk
– 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and water. Set aside to thicken; this is your flax egg.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, canola oil, flax egg, and soy milk until smooth.
4. Add the flour, then sprinkle the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves on top of the flour. Stir with a large spoon or spatula, gently, until just combined. Do not over-mix.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer the loaf to a cooling rack. Slice carefully right away, or let cool completely for easier slicing and serving.
Live Better™ this Season
If fall is a challenging season for you, know you’re not alone. Hurdles like allergies, cold weather, and sporadic precipitation can make life a bit more difficult, but with the Live Better™ features at Olson Homes, you can rest easy knowing we’ve got solutions. Alleviate your allergies with the PureAir air filtration system with a HEPA filter, which eliminates harmful airborne particles, and warm up your chilled bones with the app-controlled smart thermostat. While we can’t do anything about the weather, you’ll be able to create the perfect temperature in your Olson home with minimal cost due to our planet-friendly solar energy systems. Crank up the heat, kick up your feet, and relax into the cozy season. See some of our favorite Live Better™ features here on Instagram.
We hope this guide brings you a little fall comfort and inspiration. If you’re searching for a new home, browse through our contemporary Southern California neighborhoods to find your perfect match!